Sunday, August 31, 2008

One Whole Year

I just realized last night that as of today, it's been exactly a year since I moved to Ashland. It honestly doesn't seem like that long ago! I still remember Brennan helping me load up all my stuff into Jason's truck, driving down here, and carrying it all up the stairs into Sara's old room. I stood exactly where I am right now, staring at the walls and trying to imagine what it would all look like when I made it my home. Well, now I know. 

Total time lived here: 1 year
Total rent paid: $3,000
Total times I've been locked out and had to climb out on the roof and crawl in through my window: 5
Total house-sitting gigs: 3
Total times the eggplant has peed on my bed: 6
Total awesome homemade pizza parties thrown: 3
Total college degrees earned: 1 (#2 is currently in progress)
Total jobs held: 5
Total times I've walked places instead of driving: lots and lots 
Total fights with roommates: 0
 
I'm pretty happy about that last one. Here's to a couple more awesome years in this town! 

No comments: